This is the twenty second video of the Crash Course – Astronomy series, hosted by Dr. Phil Plait. This video discusses the far away and still unobserved cloud of comets known as the Oort cloud.
From the video description:
Table of Contents:
- Icy Bodies That Can Become Comets 0:27
- The Kuiper Belt is a Donut Shape Aligned With the Plane of the Solar System 2:57
- The Scattered Disk is More Eccentric and the Source of Short Period Comets 4:26
- Oort Cloud Surrounds Our Solar System and is the Source of Long-Period Comets 4:04
- These Bodies Probably Formed Near the Sun and Dispersed Through Gravitational Interactions 5:41